Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Life Isn't Passive, Take More Action




Estimated Reading Time:  2 Minutes 50 Seconds

Die Today Live Tomorrow.

 This whimsical experience we call life responds to us. It is not a passive affair. It is a pulsating experience that responds to us. It cares not for being fair or unfair. Good or bad. it just is.

Many that lived life passively. Eventually died with regrets. Pining for the years they wasted by waiting for conditions to be right. They expected life to give them a lucky break. I don’t want to live like that. As a Nigerian youth, I want to live strong and well. I want to empower myself and liberate my mind. Making as many mistakes as I possibly can.

If I die today. I want to die knowing that I lived to the fullest of my potential. But I’ve not even scratched the surface. This thought alone, as much as I hate to admit it, gets me very uncomfortable.

Master Your Life Self Today

Life will rarely, if ever, unfold for you. Neither will it unfold for me. It will remain a capricious entity until you give it a direction.

I’m not discounting the crumbs of advantages that fate and providence do throw intermittently at we mortals. They are more of an exception. Not the norm. Random though they may be.

In my short existence. I’ve realized that if you fail to focus and direct your life with a strong mental grip, it will carry you along. Dumping you on the shores of obscurity and discontentment.

If allowed it will continue to meander. So until you master it, and direct it through the renewal of your mind. Through changes in your thought processes, changes in the way you use your mouth and finally changes in the actions you take daily. Mixed with more than a smattering of self-reflection, it will continue to master you. While you’ll remain a slave to your life’s whims and caprices.

Stop Wishing Start Doing

Sitting idly and day-dreaming has its advantages. It gets the creative juices flowing. But it can never give you the life you want if you fail to take action.

It cannot give you the kind of financial independence you want, neither can it give you the kind of social capital you want.

Take Action

Write out Five things you want to achieve this year. Focus on three major objectives and two minor objectives. It could be anything.

Now write out three action steps that you would take daily towards the accomplishment of that objective - it could be making a call. It could be downloading some information on the internet or asking some question online or offline.

Whatever it is write it down. Hold yourself accountable and make sure you do it.

Each night before you go to bed review your activities that day. Then write out your next step for the next day.

Carry them with you wherever you go. Talk about them whenever you can.

Accumulated Little Steps Become Bigger Steps At The Long Run

Do something that inches you closer to the realization of your dreams and visions. Start writing that book. Start posting on that blog. Submit that application. Approach that man or woman. 

Speak up as much as you can. Talk about your ideas and ideals. Get noticed for what you do.

Be different. Be you, you are unique. Take that action now. Remember life has no reruns.

No comments:

Post a Comment